Sunday, January 15, 2012

December and January so far.

So I already wrote this and it got deleted. Round 2!
I know I don't blog enough but it takes soo much time. & I procrastinate. Anyways-
December! In December I went to a Rihanna concert with the other exchange students and that was a good time. We were in the standing section and we enjoyed not only the music but the people around as well :)
That night I stayed at my second host families house and then the next day I went to meet all the exchange students because we had a trip that weekend! We first went to Gyor (favorite city previously blogged about) because the Gyor club was hosting that weekend. So we spent Friday night in Gyor and then on Saturday we went to Vienna, Austria! (My school went the previous Tuesday so I had already been) but it was still good. I spent the day with Annika (Colorado), Nicole (California) and Lolo (South Africa- technically Botswana). Lolo and some other South Africans came to Hungary for a 5 week summer exchange and already left :(. Anyways, that night we went back to Gyor and then next day (Sunday) I went to my 2nd host families house again and then home to Gyongyos.
The next weekend I went to my tutor, Eszter,'s house and hung out with her and her daughter (age 9). We played games and I made buckeyes. If I do say so myself they were excellent. :) So that was another good weekend.
Then came Christmas. I won't say much but it wasn't that great. I missed home and it didn't resemble regular Christmas to me. We opened presents on the 24th and didn't do anything the 25th. Just seemed like another day. But on Christmas eve I skyped with my parents who were at my grandparents house and so I talked to my extended family and I "hung out" with them via skype. That made me feel much better.
Then the 26th! My dad came to visit! That was amazing. He had never been to Europe and I missed him a lot so it was great. That night we walked around Budapest (5 miles including up a small mountain- it was too foggy to see over the city though). Then on the 27th we went to Gyongyos and visited with my host parents and Eszter. On the 28th we went to Berlin to visit my cousin Kristen and her husband, Alex. (He is German). It was really good to catch up and see Berlin. We visited Checkpoint Charlie, the old SS building, the wall (or what is left of it) and the Jewish museum. It was amazing to be in the center of such history! We had a good two days in Berlin and lots of laughs! Then we went back to Budapest and spent the 30th and 31st walking around and then on New Years Eve we stood on the Chain Bridge over the Danube watching the fireworks. What an experience!! The next day my dad left and even though I was sad it was still worth it to have him come :)
Then the 9th of January I went to skii camp with my school. It was good to spend my last week in Gyongyos with my classmates. Although I will say, 5 days of 7 hours of skiing is not my cup of tea. But it was still a good experience. Slovakia is so beautiful and we were surrounded by mountains. After skii camp I came home did my final packing and yesterday I moved to Budapest! My second host family are soo sweet and my bedroom window view is over Budapest! So that is really cool. (I'm in Buda, by the way). Tomorrow I start my first day at a new school so I'm super nervous. Oh well. That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment