Saturday, September 24, 2011

First Night out.

So I felt I should write about my first night hanging out with friends. The night was kinda like a homecoming thing except the only similarity was the fact there was a dance. In Midland for homecoming everybody dresses up, meets up with friends, takes pictures, eats and then goes to the dance which is usually pretty blah. In Hungary this night begins with the Freshman Induction Ceremony. This isn’t like a regular induction to a school. All the freshmen sit on the floor and everyone else stands around them. (In Hungary each grade has 3 classes- A,B,N) In the freshman induction ceremony the students lead it and they call up 1 or 2 people to do a silly task from each class. For example, the upperclassman put shaving cream on a balloon and the freshman have to shave it off without popping the balloon. Whoever out of the freshman does it best, their class gets a point. The last event the upperclassman brought out a coat hanger and they called up a guy from each glass to like grind on It and all the other students through money at them while they did it. After that ended there was a dance (by the way everyone is in street clothes) and that went to about 10. Then me and my friends decided to go to a “bigger” party. As we were walking I was thinking it would be like the Midland High after parties. The party didn’t start until 12 so we did a lot of waiting I didn’t see many high schoolers . Then at like 12:30 we all decided not to go in. At this point it was like all gypsy-middle aged men and their girlfriends. So we called my host mom to come get us. While we were waiting we were in the corner of the place and it was really uncomfortable. There was a guy dressed like Jack Sparrow and another one who looked like he tried to grow and afro, and then gave up and shaved the sides of his head but not the middle. Freaky! So when they arrived we ran to the car and got out of the gypsy invested hot mess! Then we came home.
On another note; I thought making friends would make missing home soooo much easier. I’m really glad I did make friends. But coming home after I just felt very incomplete. Then I realized, even though I did make friends, they aren’t my friends at home so it won’t be the same. This made me sad so I quickly went to bed. I think this feeling will become less over time when I start learning the language more and become closer with my new friends. Then I will be able to love both! But I am still glad to have friends here J

No comments:

Post a Comment